Super 6 Foam Roll Out Method
Body Stamp: Lie flat on back, palms down, legs straight. Feel for areas of heavy or light contact, spaces, etc. Think of the 'footprint' your body would leave in the sand right now.
Next, sit on the edge of the foam roll and lie back onto it so it runs from your tailbone to your head. Be sure your head is supported on the foam roll, keep your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
Do each of the following exercises or movements for 30-60 seconds each for a total of 5-10 minutes:
1. Reach both arms to the ceiling, alternate reaching as far up as possible so your upper body rotates a little.
2. Tuck chin, hold for 6 second, relax,and repeat 10 times. Do not allow neck to bend backwards.
3. "W" squeeze: Bend arms at elbows, like a "W", and bring elbows down towards your waste. Keep arms even with body and hands at shoulder level. Hold 6 seconds, relax, and repeat 10 times.
4. Pec stretch: with elbows straight or bent, bring arms out like a "T" resting on floor until you feel comfortable stretch across your chest. Do deep diaphragmantic breathing to relax.
5. Reach both arms overhead towards the floor. Try to make your torso longer. Hold for 60 seconds.
6. Alternate lifting feet a couple of inches off the floor. Keep hands across stomach and keep your balance on the foam roll. You can place hands on floor to help keep your balance if you need it.
Repeat body stamp, does it feel different?
Physical Therapy Medical and Vocational Rehabilitation Services 13201W 143rd St. Lockport IL 60441